What skill do you want to learn in 2018?
Do you want to join a Reading Challenge?
Have you read The Hunger Games Trilogy?
The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins.
The Hunger Games is about 12 places called Districts that are poor and surround a place called the Capitol that is full of wealth. A long time before the Districts were poor, they went to war with the Capitol and the Districts lost. To punish the Districts, each year there is a girl and a boy from each of the 12 Districts that are sent into a battle arena and need to fight to the death. This story is about how a girl from District 12 named Katniss Everdeen was chosen to participate in the Hunger Games. This book is really good and shows the characters emotions. You do not know what is going to happen next because the book is very unpredictable. You just never want to put it down and I would recommend it.
For those who wish to participate, to read & discuss as a group, please read chapter 1.
Weekly live video classes.
NOTE: This book group event is listed at 4 PM at GMT+2 (Egypt time) every Saturday on Skype, Google Hangouts or Zoom program.
The Hunger Games Trilogy – Book one by Suzanne Collins, it is in PDF file,
it is found here http://uploadboy.com/uwiis6ejaadf/2998/zip
- Disk 1, it is found here CD 1
- Disk 2, it is found here CD 2
- Disk 3, it is found here CD 3
- Disk 4, it is found here CD 4
- Disk 5, it is found here CD 5
- Disk 6, it is found here CD 6
- Disk 7, it is found here CD 7
- Disk 8, it is found here CD 8
- Disk 9, it is found here CD 9
- Disk 10, it is found here CD 10
After you have read this chapter, please answer the following questions;
- When and where is the book set?
- Who are the main characters?
- What do you know about them?
- What happens to them in Chapter 1?
- How old is Katniss?
- Where does she live and with whom?
- What impression do we get of her character?
- What is Gale’s nickname for Katniss?
- What is the name of the event where the officials draw your name to compete in The Hunger Games?
- How did Katniss’ father die?
Please reply and share at least one question, at least three vocabulary words/phrases, and your favourite sentence or paragraph from chapter 1.
I’ll add mine after at least three other participants respond, okay?
Please leave a comment and ask questions related to The Hunger Games book one by Suzanne Collins from chapter 1.